Avoyelles Virtual Alternative Program (AVAP)
AVAP Mission Statement
The Avoyelles Parish School District leverages three beliefs:
Rigorous academics, high expectations for student behavior, and a strong partnership
with families and communities to create a learning environment that develops our
students as organized, inquisitive, passionate, respectful lifelong learners.
The vision of the Avoyelles Parish School District is to challenge all students to work to
their highest potential and encourage student responsibility as they develop intellectually, socially, emotionally and creatively.
The goals of the Avoyelles Parish Alternative Program are as follows:
1. Facilitate in developing skills to be successful in a regular school setting.
2. Facilitate in developing skills of self-discipline and taking responsibility for personal actions.
3. Facilitate in maintaining and improving academic skills.
4. Provide a safe, structured, and nurturing environment for learning.
5. Assist students in identifying barriers that inhibit their educational and social development through character education.